Within the framework of the STEM Discovery Campaign 2022, the STE(A)M IT project and the STEM Alliance have organised the “STE(A)M IT Competitions 2022” and the “Professionals Go Back to School Competition” to mainstream best practices in STEM teaching and make STEM accessible to all.
Join the Integrated Teaching Practices Competitions for primary and secondary with the “STE(A)M IT Competitions 2022”!
The “STE(A)M IT Competitions 2022” for primary school teachers (students aged 4-12) and secondary school teachers (students aged 13-18) will help teachers develop their integrated teaching practices!
Each of the two competitions is divided into three streams:
- Stream 1 – Invites teachers to submit a new Learning Scenario on Integrated STEM Teaching using the STE(A)M IT Template that has not been tried with students.
- Stream 2 – Invites teachers to submit a new Learning Scenario on Integrated STEM Teaching using the STE(A)M IT Template tried out with students (i.e., you would submit your Learning Scenario and a Story of Implementation explaining how it went with your students).
- Stream 3 – Invites teachers to try out one of the eleven original STE(A)M IT Learning Scenarios in class and explain how it went with a Story of Implementation.
Make Integration of STEM Career Topics in Class More Accessible by Inviting STEM Professionals to your Classroom
The STEM Alliance & STE(A)M IT – Professionals Go Back to School Competition encourages the integration of STEM Career topics in class through Career Sheets and (virtual) visits from STEM professionals to classrooms, among other options. It includes two streams:
- Stream 1 – Professionals Go Back to School calls for the organisation of a collaborative activity with a STEM professional and the creation of a STEM Career Sheet (the template is available in the terms and conditions document).
- Stream 2 – STEM Professions calls for the organisation of an activity using STEM Alliance / STE(A)M IT materials like the STE(A)M IT Guidelines on how to present STEM jobs in classrooms.
Are you interested? You have until 30 April 2022 at 23:59 CET to submit your entry for all the competitions.
Winning Learning Scenarios and Stories of Implementation of the STE(A)M IT Competitions 2022 will be included in the Scientix repository as well as in the STE(A)M IT portal. Winners will also be invited to join the STE(A)M IT Career Advisers Network.
Winners of the Professionals Go Back to School competition will be selected as the 10 teachers to join the STE(A)M IT Career Advisers Network.