We are increasingly becoming aware of environmental issues and their impact on our societies and everyday life. Teachers are trying to shape students into informed and active citizens who will work and build with nature instead of separately from it. However, the educational potential of nature-based solutions (NBS) remains largely unexplored, and innovative programmes and resources around NBS are currently missing from formal and informal education programmes for children and families.
This course by NBS EduWORLD and Scientix aims to bridge that gap by exploring the implementation of nature-based solutions in classrooms through ready-to-use learning scenarios previously developed by European Schoolnet and PPMI. By completing this course, you will be able to:
- learn what nature-based solutions are;
- get to know a range of resources, tools and strategies for integrating NBS into your school community;
- explore NBS learning scenarios, created by 15 teachers from seven countries and two European Schools;
- reflect on your professional practice and engage with teachers from all over Europe;
- create your NBS learning scenario and review the work of course peers.
The MOOC starts on 13 February 2023 and runs for five and a half weeks, with four modules opening one by one each week. Registration is free of charge and participants will receive a digital course certificate and a digital course badge upon completion. The MOOC is open to primary and secondary school teachers from Europe and beyond. Other educational professionals and stakeholders, such as heads of schools, school support staff and policy makers with an interest in the topic are also welcome to join.
Watch the promotional video and sign up for the course at the European Schoolnet Academy!
The MOOC is part of the NBS EduWORLD project (funded by the European Union’s Horizon Europe programme) and is supported by Trane Technologies and Scientix .